About Nile Air
Nile Air launched its operation with issued and paid-in capital of EGP 200M which has been increased during 2012 to support the expansion in our operations.
Today Nile Air is Egypt’s leading private full service carrier operating schedule services from Cairo and Alexandria to emerging airports in the region with a fleet of modern Airbus A320-200 aircraft.
In its young history, the airline has placed a clear focus on offering our guests a unique product and service which includes:
- Operating the youngest fleet of modern aircraft in Egypt.
- Offering a true full service product (with all the frills) to ensure guest comfort.
- Having the highest on-time performance in Egypt, at over 90% (2015) ensuring our guests arrive at their destination on time.
- A dedicated business class product and service across our network.
- Dedicated staff who ensure the start and end of our guests’ journey is safe, comfortable and enjoyable. Today the airline has become the second largest independent airline in Egypt with a network spanning the Middle East, Gulf and Africa and Europe.
Nile Air Aircraft:
- Nile Air operates the largest and most modern fleet of Airbus A320-200 aircraft in Egypt. These modern Airbus aircraft were acquired to provide our guests, with the best onboard experience featuring state of the art design and technology and providing you with greater comfort, security, and efficiency during your journey. With our unique two-class product (business & economy class) and emphasis on regular upgrades to the aircraft interiors, the airline aims to provide our passengers with a superior flight experience.
- Fleet Size & Age:Nile Air currently operate a fleet of four Airbus A320-200 aircraft, with additional aircraft earmarked for delivery over the next 5 years including brand new aircraft on order with the European manufacturer, Airbus.As of 2015, the average age of the fleet is approximately 7 years; the youngest in Egypt. The fleet is set to get younger with the induction of newer aircraft in the near future.
As of February 2016, Nile Air serves the following destinations with scheduled services:
Base Seasonal Future Terminated route City Country IATA ICAO Airport Alexandria Egypt HBE HEBA Borg El Arab Airport Baghdad Iraq BGW ORBI Baghdad International Airport Basra Iraq BSR ORMM Basra International Airport Buraidah Saudi Arabia ELQ OEGS Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz Regional Airport Cairo Egypt CAI HECA Cairo International Airport Hofuf Saudi Arabia HOF OEAH Al-Ahsa International Airport Jeddah Saudi Arabia JED OEJN King Abdulaziz International Airport Kuwait City Kuwait KWI OKBK Kuwait International Airport Port Sudan Sudan PZU HSPN Port Sudan New International Airport Sakakah Saudi Arabia AJF OESK Al-Jawf Domestic Airport Ta’if Saudi Arabia TIF OETF Ta’if Regional Airport Tabuk Saudi Arabia TUU OETB Tabuk Regional Airport Yanbu Saudi Arabia YNB OEYN Yanbu Airport
Destinations earmarked for future expansion include cities in Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
- Aircraft Specifications
Number of aircraft 4 Seating Capacity 164 Business Class 8 Economy Class 156 Maximum Takeoff Weight 73.500/77.000 KG Wingspan 33.91 m Length 37.57 m Height 11.91 m /39.800 Maximum Altitude 12.100 m/39.800 ft Maximum Cargo Capacity 31,64 m³