QR10646 – Senior Reservations & Ticketing Agent | Qatar Airways | Luxor
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
In this role, you will assist making and confirming reservations for passengers, selling tickets for the airlines lines. You will also sell and serve customers professionally through telephone or in person in order to achieve customer satisfaction, generate revenue, and take all possible measures to avoid loss of revenue. You will also assist passengers requiring special assistance to board or depart.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Making and confirming reservations and routing for passengers using timetables, airline manuals, reference guides, and tariff book
- Performing a proper flight firming check to maximize flight utilization and reduce No-shows
- Assisting mishandled passengers such as NOREC/DNB to reduce passenger complaints
- Typing requested flight number on keyboard of on-line computer reservation system and scans screen to determine space availability.
- Issuing tickets and PTAs quoting correct fare to reduce passenger complaints and debit notes.
- Advising of changes in flight plan or to cancel or confirm reservation and maintaining inventory of available passenger space on flights.
- Advising load control personnel and other stations of changes in passenger itinerary to control space and ensure utilization of seating capacity on flights.
You will need a minimum of a trade or vocational qualification combined with two or more years of experience in a customer service role with an Airline/Travel Industry or Hospitality Institute. You will need to have completed an IATA or airline basic tariff and pricing course. You will also need sound mathematical/calculation skills and a good grasp of world geography. You will also need to be an effective team member with excellent customer service, time management and organisational skills.
You will need to be fluent (written and spoken) in English to perform this role.
1. Resume / CV